1) This trip is non-school sponsored. Since this tour is not school-sponsored, the right to refuse a Student’s application in the best interest of the tour is reserved by Hoosier Travel.
2) The trip is sold as a first come first serve. Students who pay in full or make a deposit ($219-students, $290-Adults) on the initial sign up will be counted and assigned in order of sign up on the trip roster. This trip is based on 45 and maximum of the first 50 participants. Students on the roster after the first 50 may not get tickets to all events planned for this trip.
3) Students Behavior: Students whose behavior issues, in school or otherwise that is a cause for concern and deemed inappropriate by the tour moderators, may be dropped from the trip roster. Students who commit acts (including but not limited to stealing, drinking. drug use, smoking, bullying, violence, fighting etc.) deemed inappropriate and a cause for concern by the tour moderators may be dropped from the trip roster. If the tour moderator cancels an individual because of behavior issues or concerns, the Individual Cancellation Policy applies.
4) Trip insurance requires sign up within 14 days of the down payment deposited and is non-refundable
5) Travel Safe Protect-A-Group Comprehensive Plus Travel Protection Plan (920P) – Hoosier Travel will purchase insurance on your behalf within the 14 day requirement to protect your travel investment, your belongings and most importantly you! The Protect-A-Group certificate will be sent to you at time of enrollment and will also be included in your final documents. The plan provides a package of benefits including Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Medical, Baggage and more. For questions regarding the Protect-A-Group Plan, please call Travel Safe Insurance at 800-523-8020 or visit our website -www.travelsafe.com.
6) Insurance surcharge: Any individual who signs up 14 days after the initial 10/4/2018 may be subject to slight insurance surcharge on the trip policy.
Payment # Payment Due Dates Student Amount Due Adult Amount Due
Down pmt Thursday, 10/18/18 $219.00 $290.00
1 Thursday, 11/8/18 $133.00 $140.00
2 Thursday, 12/6/18 $133.00 $140.00
3 Thursday, 1/3/19 $133.00 $140.00
4 Thursday, 2/7/19 $133.00 $140.00
5 Thursday, 3/7/19 $133.00 $140.00
6 Monday, 4/8/19 $133.00 $140.00
7 Thursday, 5/2/19 $133.00 $140.00
Note: Hoosier Travel booking software will automatically charge you for the lesser amount of the payment due ($133.00). If you have booked any tour upgrades, it is your responsibility to pay the higher payment amount, or your balance will be compounded onto your final payment in May.
8) A Statement will be given to each student after the final payment. NOTE: As a limited amount of bus and hotel space has been reserved, applications will be accepted on a first come basis, students may be confirmed before parents/guardians depending on the initial sign up numbers.
9) Late Payment Fee: Any Individual’s payment made after 7 days due is subject to a $15.00 late payment fee.
Returned Checks are subject to a $35.00 NSF fee.
10) Roster Position Forfeits: Any Individual’s payment late more than 10 days past the due date, forfeit their roster position attained from their initial sign up. There are no refunds given for any Individual who forfeits and loses his or hers roster position. Any Individual who forfeits can file a claim to receive 75 % of their monies paid toward the trip with the travel insurance provider.
11) Limited Criminal Background Checks: individuals paying to go on this trip may be required to attain a criminal background check.
AT SCHOOL: Student and parents or guardians also gives permission to the tour moderators and to their child’s school administrators, teachers, counselors, and school personnel to discuss my child’s personal school information, including, but not limited to, school records, behavior, discipline, medical, performance, and attendance issues. Parent and guardian agree to hold any of the above school personnel harmless for any discussed recommendations made or decisions made on the information provided.
DURING TRIP: Major infractions by students during this trip—possession or use of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs, leaving assigned room after curfew, leaving the hotel, fighting, bullying, battery, criminal actions, stealing or shop lifting, refusal to obey chaperones’ instructions, etc.—result in an immediate phone call home and the possibility of an immediate return home from the tour along with possible police actions. (Note: If the moderators decide to send a student home a refund will not be given, arrangements will be made with the family and the student will be sent home prior to the conclusion of the tour. Parents/guardians will have to pay for the student s trip home or come and pick the student up.
Hoosier Travel LLC, reserves the right along with the tour moderators to make changes in the trip program from time to time in order to maintain the integrity and value of the planned trip. In the unlikely event that this trip tour date requires changing, the tour moderators will make the decision, and the cancellation policy stated above remains in effect.
Additional forms needed: Prior to departure, parent or guardian also agrees to provide behavior, medical information and release forms, phone tree and possible security form and information required for the Pentagon and White House, if needed.
RESPONSIBILITY: Hoosier Travel LLC is not responsible for any services or accommodation provided by third parties and disclaims any liability for personal injury, property damage, or other loss to the traveler unless such damage, injury or loss is caused by the willful and wanton negligence of Hoosier Travel. With respect to the student traveler, the student and his/her parents(s) or guardian assume full responsibility for any damages, injury, or losses that might occur during the tour except as stated above. Any photo or video likeness taken of a participant and any comment or statement made by him/her while taking part in a Hoosier Travel program may be used in materials published by Hoosier Travel without permission or compensation.